|Related activities on women, peace and security
- In 2003 GABRIELA spearheaded the women working for world peace or http://www.peace which campaigned to call to stop the war in Iraq. Composed http://www.peaceof organizations and individuals in the Philippines, it did public information and education, debates and actions on issues surrounding war.
- GABRIELA also is part of the Pilgrims for Peace a broad alliance of organizations, institutions, church organizations and individuals campaigning for the resumption peace talks between the Government of the Republic of the Philippines (GPH) and the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP).
- Since women’s human rights is a perennial issue in the country GABRIELA is engaged in campaigns, policy reforms, education campaign and public awareness campaign to ensure security of women and children in areas of conflict and ensure the rights and security of women’s human rights defenders. We are also campaigning especially on the issue of VAW committed by state actors in conflict areas.
- One of the major campaigns of GABRIELA is the our continuous call for the withdrawal of all foreign military personnel (especially the United States) from the country because we believe that the presence of foreign military personnel increases the vulnerability of women to violence such as rape, sexual harassment, prostitution and trafficking. Part of this is the abrogation of all agreements and treaties allowing the entry and presence of foreign troops in the country.
- GABRIELA is also part of the campaign Women Building Peace, Resisting Militarization and US Intervention in the Asia Pacific and Beyond lead by the International Women’s Alliance and launched on December 2013.